NASA needs to fill a vacancy on the executive board through a by-election for a new President, with a term ending July 2024. The role of the president is to:
- ensure the work of the executive board is in keeping with the NASA bylaws
- serve as chair of the executive board (unless otherwise designated) and as such, call meetings and set agendas
- chair all general meetings
- sit on various university and other labour community committees
- attend numerous events on behalf of the association (examples are long service recognition, support staff recognition, retirement ceremonies, etc.)
- meet regularly with the university Board of Governors and senior administration
- act as the official spokesperson for the association with the media
The president position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position release. You can read the detailed role description.
Applications require 10 supporting nominations. Candidates and those nominating them must be NASA members. Please use the online form to put your name forward for the position or to nominate someone.
Nominations are now open and must be received no later than 4:30 pm on Monday, February 6. Voting will open on Wednesday, March 1 and end on Wednesday, March 8 at noon. The successful candidate will be announced at the NASA Spring General Meeting on Wednesday, March 8.
Please reach out to a current member of the NASA executive if you have any questions about being on the executive board.